BaZooples® Baby Bibs
BaZooples® Baby Bibs provided by Lorine Mason
Need a fast and totally adorable gift for someone celebrating Christmas for the first time? One bib is designed for that special little girl in your life, and the second bib is for that precious little guy. Pairing Vicki Schreiner's Holiday BaZooples® Fabrics and coordinating appliques together made perfect sense.
You will need:
1/4 yard each of two coordinating BaZooples® cotton prints
1/4 yard of cotton batting
2 BaZooples® appliques
9 inches 1/2-inch-wide grosgrain ribbon
Basic sewing supplies
1. Use a purchased pattern or trace your favorite baby bibs onto a piece of paper to create a pattern. The tie pattern is created by cutting a triangle shape slightly longer than the bib front (use project photo as a guide). Add 1/4-seam allowances around all edges of the patterns and cut out.
2. Using the pattern, cut out a front and back piece from each of the cotton prints and one from the cotton batting (it is not necessary to cut out batting for the tie section).
3. Layer the two bib pieces right sides together, with the cotton batting layered on the top of the bib back section. Pin together and sew around the outside edges using a 1/4 inch seam.
4. Clip inside corners and curves; turn right side out and press.
5. For the boy's bib only, pin the two tie sections right sides together and stitch. Turn right side out and press. Pin the tie to the center front of the bib even with the neckline, matching the raw edges.
6. For the girl's bib only, pin a 3-inch piece of grosgrain ribbon to the center front of the bib even with the neckline; stitch along both edges of the ribbon through all layers of the fabric.
7. Create your own bias binding from the cotton print used on the back of the bib or use purchased bias tape. Cut a 30-inch section of bias binding and pin to the neckline of the bib being careful to encase all raw edges of the bib fabric and the top edge of the tie and/or ribbon edge. Stitch along the open folded edge of the bias binding.
8. Follow the manufacturer's directions to fuse the appliques to the front of the bibs using the project photo as a placement guide. For additional hold, stitch along the outside edges of the appliques through all layers of the bib fabric with an invisible thread.
9. For the girl's bib only, tie a two-loop bow using a 6-inch piece of grosgrain ribbon and stitch it to the top of the ornament applique on the girl's bib. Using a needle and embroidery thread, take a stitch 1/2 inch into the bib fabric at each inside curve, wrap the thread around the fabric and stitch back into the first stitch; repeat gathering the fabric and stitching into the fabric to secure. Trim threads and repeat.
Copyright © July 2010 Sewing Savvy newsletter, by Lorine Mason. All rights reserved.link
commenter cet article